Warm Audio WA84-C-N Small-diaphragm Condenser Microphone - Nickel
Shipping calculated at checkout.
Sound Like A Legend: The WA-84 is a small diaphragm condenser microphone based on classic microphone circuitry. The WA-84 is a fully discrete Class A design that utilizes a CineMag USA transformer, polystyrene and Wima capacitors and a Fairchild FET. The WA-84 is designed for pro studio, home studio, live, and broadcast applications and sounds great on a variety of instruments and sources, such as; acoustic/electric guitars, acoustic/electric bass, drums, piano, strings, brass & woodwind instruments, and an array of other sources.
Large Sound, Small Size: The WA-84 has a very LARGE sound for it’s small size and uniquely uses a heavy Nickel CineMag transformer in it’s signal path to warm up and ENLARGE sound sources. Small diaphragm condenser microphones have widely moved to transformer-less technology in recent years for ease of design and a lower-cost manufacturing process. When designing the WA-84 we chose to go the extra mile and tackle a more boutique design known for it’s it’s crystal clear, yet smooth, LARGE sound.
Boutique Tone: We are proud to offer something special to the market-place by using large core transformer technology (CineMag USA) in a small diaphragm condenser microphone package. The result is a circuit that we feel sounds absolutely gorgeous and goes the extra mile in terms of signal integrity and smooth boutique tone.
- Utilizes a Cinemag USA Transformer
- Directional pattern: Cardioid
- Fully discrete vintage-style signal path
- Vintage capsule recreation
- Package includes: Microphone, cardioid capsule, shock-mount, mic clip, windscreen and carrying case
- 48V phantom required
- Frequency range: 20Hz - 20kHz
- Sensitivity: -39dB OR 11MV/PA @ 1kHz
- Output impedance: 200 Ohm
- Rated load impedance: =1KOhm
- Pad: 0dB OR -10dB
- Maximum SPL: 123/133DB @ 1kHz, 0.5% THD, 0/-10DB
- S/N ratio: 78dBA (IEC651)
- Equivalent noise: 16DBA (IEC651)
- Dynamic range: 107DBA (IEC651)
- Connector: 3-pin gold-plated XLR
- Weight: 122g