Warm Audio WA-67 '67-Style Large-diaphragm Condenser Microphone
Shipping calculated at checkout.
The original ’67 became one of the most sought-after and widely-used studio microphones of its time, recording a massive collection of some of the most memorable songs of the last 50 years - we’re talking about classic tracks from artists as varied as The Beatles, Led Zeppelin, The Temptations and Nirvana! The original mics are still sought after, but they can command upwards of $8000 for a pristine unit, putting them far out of reach for most recordists. Thankfully, Warm Audio has now changed that scenario with the release of the new WA-67! Based around an EF86 pentode tube and having the same smooth and creamy tone of the original, the WA-67 excels at recording just about anything that you put it in front of, and it may immediately become your go-to choice for vocals, guitars, drum toms and overheads, pianos, brass and strings.
At Warm, we’re passionate about killer studio tools and we take our responsibility to our customers seriously. That means that we don’t make “look-alike” gear that doesn’t deliver, and we take considerable time and effort to get as close as possible to both the heart and the soul of an original design. We went to great lengths to recreate the discrete circuit of the original microphone, using boutique components throughout to ensure that nothing got in the way of pure tube magic. The sound and vibe of the original ’67 is recreated in our WA-67, and we take great pride in being able to make such a high-quality microphone available to everyone at an unheard-of price. Even if you stuff a microphone full of premium components, if the capsule isn’t right, nothing is - it’s that critical. Knowing this we went to great lengths to recreate the capsule from the original ’67, making sure that ours performs the same way, has the same frequency response and contributes to the same chewy character as the original.
- Large diaphragm studio condenser microphone
- Faithful re-creation of the classic ’67-style pentode tube circuit
- EF86 pentode tube for creamy smooth clarity and brilliance
- Custom large-core transformer from Lundahl Sweden
- Custom all-brass large K67-style vintage capsule re-creation
- Gold-sputtered Mylar diaphragm, 6 microns thick
- High-bandwidth polystyrene capacitors
- Boutique capacitors from Wima and Solen
- Nickel-plated brass microphone body and headbasket for ultimate acoustic performance
- Premium 7-pin audio cable from Gotham Switzerland
- Polar Patterns: Cardioid, Omni, Figure-of-Eight
- Switchable hi-pass filter
- Switchable -10 db pad
- Frequency response: 20 Hz - 20 kHz
- Rated impedance: 200 ohms
- Rated load impedance: 1kilohms
- Equivalent noise level (A-weighted): 17 dB-A
- Maximum SPL for THD 0.5%: 138 dB
- Signal to noise ratio (A-weighted): 78 dB
- Microphone includes: wood box, shockmount, hardmount, power supply, 7-pin mic cable